I have never met anyone who doesn’t like Nutella, unless, of course, one who is allergic to hazelnut. So, it is inevitable that I have to try this Nutella cream cheese frosting from Tartelette.
Chocolate Cupcakes (Makes 12 cupcakes)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons (1.5 ounces) SCHARFFEN BERGER Unsweetened Natural Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and warm
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1/2 cup hot coffee
- Preheat the oven to 350 ํF. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together flour, cocoa powder, instant coffee, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a blow and mix thoroughly to combine.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla and beat on medium speed for one minute. Add flour mixture. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add the hot coffee. Beat for 20-30 seconds until the batter is smooth. The batter will be thin enough to pour.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into each lined cup. Bake, rotating tin halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 18-22 minutes.
Nutella Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 oz Nutella
In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Sift the powdered sugar over the bowl and whisk for a few seconds. Add the Nutella and mix until completely incorporated.