I adapt this Yogurt Berry Cupcake recipe from Rue Magazine and make a fews changes for the cupcake as below. If I could, I would have called this cupcake, “the diet cupcake” because this cupcake has NO BUTTER, not so sweet and very light. It tastes pretty good though, I must say.
Ingredients for almond yogurt cupcake (make about 15 cupcakes)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder pinch of salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond meal, flour, baking powder, and salt, and set aside.
- Place the sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and combine with the yogurt, eggs, and almond extract. Stir in the dry ingredients, and then add the canola oil.
- Filling each paper liner a little more than half full. Bake, rotating tins halfway through, until the cake is golden and slightly pulling away from the sides of the pan, about 16 minutes.
- Transfer tins to wire racks to cool 10-15 minutes; turn out cupcake onto rack and let cool completely
I spread each cupcake with raspberry jam then added whipped cream on top with little ORGANIC berries decoration.