You can definitely experiment with different kind of hard cheese because, so far, nothing taste bad with this pasta. Though provolone cheese seems to be the best-suited. This recipe is also super easy, and take less than 10 minutes to make. Weekday dinner, anyone? Happy Monday, by the way.
- 1 bunch of arugula
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Put everything except the olive oil in the blender, and blend until arugula and garlic are finely chopped. With the machine running, drizzle in the olive oil until the dressing is smooth.
For Antipasto Pasta
- 1 pound Rice Gigli Pasta OR fusilli pasta
- 1/2 cup hard salami, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Provolone cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted black olive
- salt & pepper to taste
Cook pasta according to the instruction. Toss together half vinaigrette and all antipasto pasta ingredients to coat. You can put more vinaigrette if you prefer, but start with half. Put more salt & pepper to your liking if needed.
Reference: This recipe is adapted from Giada De Laurentis Everyday Pasta book.