One of the blogs that I love & follow, Love & Lemons, suggests that all of us should check out CSA or local farm delivery in our area, and even better, subscribe to the service. I am so excited about this wonderful idea, but… (yes, there is a “but”) I am still too scare to commit. What am I going to do with some weird looking veggies I have never cooked with before?
So, my alternative is to buy veggies from Farmers Market every week, and figure out how to cook them once I get home. At least, this way, I know what I am getting into, and I like what I buy. Someday, I hope I will be confident enough to dive into local farm delivery.
This recipe is inspired from many wonderful products & veggies from Farmers Market. This light & floral vinaigrette is good for salad, poultry and most healthy dishes, it also yields great benefits for your health. Camelina oil is known for its exceptionally high levels (up to 45%) of omega-3 fatty acids; one of many benefits of celtic sea salt is to gives you a high resistance to infections and bacterial diseases, and manuka honey protects against damage caused by bacteria. Also, you can rotate many different kind of veggies for this dish; later on, I plan to sneak in some weird looking veggies when my hubby is not pay attention (shhhh).
This is one of the recipes that I am most proud of because I feel that I can have a healthy dish without compromising on taste. I hope you try someday.
super healthy hibiscus vinaigrette (make 8 oz.)
- 2 lemon or lime zest
- 1/4 teaspoon pureed garlic
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup (2 oz.) hibiscus balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup organic camelina oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon french celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon manuka honey (option)
- 1 tablespoon elixir hibiscus
whisk everything together until well-combined.
- 6 x 8-oz. chicken breasts
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 eggplant, sliced
- 2-3 lemon, sliced
- radish (option)
- 6 x (12” by 14”) parchment papers
- salt & pepper, to taste
- micro broccoli & lemon zest (to serve)
- super healthy hibiscus vinaigrette
Preheat the oven to 450 F. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt & pepper, set aside.
Follow the photos below:
- arrange bell peppers and eggplant in the center of parchment, then drizzle with the vinaigrette
- Lay the chicken over the vegetables.
- Put lemon slices on top of the chicken. Add radish, then drizzle the whole thing with the vinaigrette
- Fold the parchment paper to seal
Place the pockets on a rimmed baking sheet and cook for 25 minutes or until the chicken is cook through.
Carefully open the pockets, allowing the steam to escape. Sprinkle with lemon zest & micro broccoli. Serve immediately.
Reference: this recipe is inspired from The America’s Test Kitchen Healthy family cookbook.