Before you begin reading the longest post I have ever written so far, let me hand you a smoothie, a dragonfruit (Pitaya) smoothie that is. Now you can sip & read along. If you just want a recipe, scroll down to the end of the post, but you might miss reading fun facts about me though. Here’s go 🙂
I have never really fully understood Liebster award, but then I realized because I did not understand it, did not mean I should not share it. In my opinion, the best thing about this award is that I get to know more about my blogger friends by reading all the fun facts about them, and reading all those answers. I have a tendency to make friends very slowly. Most of the time, my new friendship progress in a turtle speed, slow but steady. I intend to do the same for the blogging community.
Ever since I started blogging, which was a little less than a year ago, I have gained such valuable friendships with many people from allover the world. Granted, I don’t have a lot of followers/viewers/visitors, but once you are on my site, you are also in my heart no matter who you are. This blogging community has given me so much so far, and I am paying it forward with this Liebster award.
Thank you Dana from I’ve Got Cake for “sending” me this award. I laughed out loud when I read all your fun facts and answers; you are such a fierce lady 🙂
Dana & I just befriended not so long ago, but her fun personalities shine through her blog and that what I really like about her. If you have not yet visited her blog, I suggest you do it immediately. I always enjoy reading her post.
Here are the rules about this Liebster award, which I copied from Dana 🙂
By the way, this award is given to relatively new bloggers with no more than 1000 followers. I have no idea how am I going to get 1000 followers, so I guess I will be eligible for this award forever hahahaha 🙂
- LINK back to the person who nominated you;
- SHARE 11 facts about yourself;
- ANSWER 11 questions set by your nominator;
- NOMINATE others who you think deserves the Liebster Award
- ASK your nominees 11 questions to answer
- AFTER YOU PUBLISH your Liebster post, go to your nominees blog and let them know you nominated them.
And here are my nominees:
Irene is one of my longest blogger friends. We have known each other since I started my blog. In fact, she introduced me to the very first award. I have developed friendship with Irene outside blogging; we dedicated posts to each other. She made me feel good about blogging community when I first started. She has not posted much anymore on her own blog, but if you guys keep bugging her as I have been doing, I bet she can’t resist 🙂
Justine & I recently exchanged comments more often. It was great because it led me to her blog. Her writing is wonderful, and she is wonderful. I sure hope you guys click over to read her blog right now. I was glad I did.
One of Shailaia’s post moved me to tears, that how good her writing is. I found her blog through Justine from Eclectic odds n sods. Both Justine & Shailaia are wonderful writers. I am glad I found both of them, and I hope you make time to go read both of their blogs.
Olga makes such mouthwatering recipes and her kind words of encouragement makes me so happy to have her on my blog. I have visited her blog many many times, and I always felt happy & hungry afterwards. 🙂
How can I describe Jing’s blog? I was so happy when I found his blog through Dana from I’ve Got Cake; he is not scared of exotic ingredients, and that what I love most about his blog. He has tackled liver, quail and stuffed tofu; how can I not visit his blog often!!!! You should do the same.
Mirium & I got to talk about a meaningful subject recently. I went to her blog looking for a wonderful recipe, which I got, but I also caught her in the vulnerable state. We got to “talk” and I think our friendship have started. I like her recipe, her photos, and most importantly the ability to talk about her problems with grace. Check her out, I am sure you will agree with me.
I have met Genie from the very beginning of my blogging. Like Irene, Genie is also one of my longest blogger friends. Genie is very sweet and funny; her blog and her bunny (aka. Tofu) can make me smile even on the saddest day. She is also part of “Our Growing Edge,” a monthly blogging event to encourage us to try new food related things. You should check her blog out, better yet, participate in this monthly event as well.
I met Elsa when we both attended 1-day-food photography workshop in Seattle not so long ago, and we have been supporting each other ever since. She takes such lovely photos that I can’t help mentioning her blog to all of you. I don’t think she knows about Fiesta Friday, yet. Maybe, some of you can invite her to the party, but first, you need to check out her blog.
No need for introduction for these 2 wonderful ladies. I am sure all of you know Angie & Selma better than I do. I am pretty sure they already have tons of followers, but I am just getting to know them, and I want to know more. Angie is the reason behind Fiesta Friday. Selma is just Selma (aka. one of nicest person I have known). I feel as if I am being hugged every time these 2 ladies are on my blog. They are such a lovely people with such lovely blogs.
P.S. Needless to say, there are many many more blogger friends I want to nominate for this award. Next time, I promise. 🙂
Here are my questions for the nominees:
- When you are feeling blue, what (quote, inspiration, person etc.) perk you right up?
- Other than your native language, which Language you want to become fluent in? Why?
- What is your fondest memory so far?
- What is your favorite movie and/or book?
- What is the best compliment you have ever gotten?
- If you can be BFF with any person for 1 day, who would you want to hang out with? What would you do?
- What is your dream job?
- pork rinds or kale chip
- Is there any project/dish you are dying to do?
- how do you take your coffee or tea?
- If I happen to be in your town, would you like to hang out? hahaha… you can say no, no problem 🙂
The following section is about me, myself & Pang… Viewer discretion is advised!!!!!
Here are fun facts about me.
- I love vocal standard jazz song, esp. during swing era (weird, I know)
- awhile back, I studied Jazz and sang in a jazz band in college
- I can’t function well if my house isn’t organized
- In high school, I ‘once’ got caught reading a cartoon in a classroom and got called to the principle office.
- I’ve got a crush on Gregory Peck ever since I watched ‘Roman Holiday’ for the first time, which was 10 years ago, and my hubby was ok with that
- When I was working in Thailand, before coming to the U.S., I worked at the production company that did voice over for the cartoon animations, mostly from the U.S. Basically, I watched cartoons for a living hahaha
- my all-time favourite children literature is ‘Little Lord Fauntleroy’ by Frances Hodgson Burnett.
- The nicest thing a total stranger had ever done to me was buying me a bouquet of flower. No, it’s not what you think. I got to talk with a nice lady at the flower shop in the U.S. She told me that she wanted to buy her daughter flowers for the graduations and she said she missed her daughter very much because her daughter went to out-of-state college. I told her that my parents could not even come to my graduation because they could not effort it as they lived in Thailand. I was about to graduate as well. We talked some more about many other things. As we hugged goodbye, she handed me a beautiful bouquet of flower that she secretly ordered while we were talking, and she said, “think of it as a bouquet from your parents, I am sure they are sad that they miss your graduation.”
Ok, I think that will do, huh.
Here are answers for Dana’s questions
- What the song that whenever it comes on you go “that’s my jam!” and rock out to it like nobodys business?
2. What’s your best tip to being physically healthy?
Do everything in moderation. I can’t give up cheese, meat, cake or any dessert, SO I figure that if I only eat a little bit of everything, I should be OK. Oh and exercise? What exercise? 🙂
3. Your dream vacation. Where? How long? Doing what? With who?
My family live in Thailand, whereas my hubby & I live in San Francisco. We usually see each other every 18-24 months. So it’s no surprise that my dream vacation is to be with all of them. To have my parents, my 82-year-old aunt, my sister, my hubby & I in one place going to wherever they want to go, for however long they want, doing whatever they want is my dream vacation. I just want to be with all of them at the same time 🙂
4. Top 3 pet peeves?
This might sound weird, but I can’t stand people brushing their teeth on TV. Give me a bloody scene anytime, but not a foamy mouth, please. Other than that, I can’t think of anything else.
5. What’s something that everyone should have 2 of?
In my opinion, I think we should always have “double consciousness minds.” On the surface, we should be aware of our actions, esp. the one that can affect other people’s feeling. On the deeper level, we should also be mindful of actions other people take; would you still get annoyed by slow walker in front of you if you knew that he just lost his job? Sorry, I should have just said shoes 🙂
6. What’s something your parents were wrong about?
They thought I could not cook!!! hahahaha
7. What celeb would you be an absolute fan-whore for? Like “OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG….it’s raining? Who CARES if it’s raining? I’ll wait all day in this damn rain for ________” …?
If I could turn back time, (no sorry, not Cher), I would camp out no matter what for Louis Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald’s tickets.
8. What has been your biggest contribution to society thus far?
It might seem small, but I am trying to be honest and nice to everyone. I mean “everyone.” No gossip, no negative comment, and if it’s not both true + useful, I would rather not say anything. 🙂
9. What’s one skill that you have that most people don’t?
The ability to drive my calm, kind & wonderful husband up the wall.
10. Whats the site you go to when you want to kill time?
11. What’s one of the first things that cross your mind when you wake up?
“I need to pee”
Hang in there, I am almost done.
Here is dragonfruit (Pitaya) smoothie recipe.
(makes 3 cups)
- 6 oz. cold almond milk
- 1 fresh dragonfruit, cut in half lengthwise & scoop out the flesh with spoon
- 5 oz. frozen mango
- 8 oz. frozen pineapple
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar (option)
Blend everything until smooth in the blender. Enjoy.
The End 🙂
All images are copyright protected. Please do NOT use ANY OF MY IMAGES without prior permission.
If you want to use this recipe, please kindly use ‘link back’ to the this post for the recipe. I would really appreciate it if you do not republish my recipe word for word, in English or in any other language, on your site.
If you adapt any of my recipe, please kindly use ‘link back’ to my original post as well.
Thank you so much.