Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there. I respect all of you beyond words as being a mom is the hardest job in the world, though the most rewarding job, nonetheless. Also, I want to congratulate my friend, Emily from the Pig and Quill for her brand new baby girl, Lana James, who is perfect in every way. Happy 1st Mother’s Day to you, Em.
I remember the first 3 months after my sister gave birth, she was so exhausted that cooking was not in her agenda. She was lucky that my mom took care of all the cooking & cleaning for her. Though some of you might not be that lucky, I am posting the easiest recipes for you today that can be done in minutes and can be kept in the refrigerator for a while. These recipes are so versatile, you can make many meals out of them in seconds. I hope these will help making meals easy & yummy for all the you, esp. brand new moms, because you do need a break, too. 🙂
- 50g. cashew nuts
- 60g. garlic scapes, rough chopped
- 50g. baby kale
- 100g. cheddar cheese
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice (option)
- In a food processor, combine cashew nuts, garlic scapes, baby kale, cheese, and salt & pepper, and pulse to blend. With the machine running, pour in the olive oil through the food tube in a slow; steady stream, and process until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed. Taste, and adjust the seasonings & add lemon juice, if needed. Set aside.
- If you can’t find garlic scapes, substitute with 2 cloves garlic and increase baby kale to 100g.
- 200g. onion scapes, rough chopped (OR green onion)
- 1 + 1/3 cups canola oil
- Blend in the food processor. You can keep it refrigerated for a month.
- use this oil on sandwiches, pizza or add to stir-fried dishes
- 1 naan bread
- Ricotta cheese as much or as little as you prefer
- 1-2 big portobello mushrooms
- salt & pepper, to taste
- onion scape oil
- Halve the mushroom and roast them at 425F for 15 minutes, or until tender. Spread ricotta cheese on naan, and arrange the roasted mushrooms on top. Season with salt & pepper. Top with onion scape oil, and serve it immediately. Enjoy.
“All Rights Reserved”
All images are copyright protected. Please do NOT use ANY OF MY IMAGES without prior permission.
If you want to use this recipe, please kindly use ‘link back’ to the this post for the recipe. I would really appreciate it if you do not republish my recipe word for word, in English or in any other language, on your site.
If you adapt any of my recipe, please kindly use ‘link back’ to my original post as well.
Thank you so much.