These pickled radishes on a stick may seem odd to you as they are cut thick slices and served on the stick. I made this with Summer Party in mind, and for that, easy-to-handle food seems appropriate.
So even though I usually post weekly and my next post should be on the web this Sunday at the earliest, I feel today is the right time for this particular post because of the 4th of July party on Saturday. You will need a couple of days, or at least overnight, to let them pickled. I am sorry they aren’t in ‘Red White & Blue’ theme, but I promise they will taste so good with any hot dog & burger you serve that day.
Another good reason to post on Friday is that I can join Fiesta Friday Party. It has been a really long time since I last mingled with this crowd, and I really miss them.
Happy 4th of July, everyone. 🙂
- Radishes, 1/8-1/4” thick slices & thread onto skewers
- sterilized jars
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. salt
- Sterilized jars by immersing jars & lids in boiling water for 3
- minutes, then drain & dry on a rack)
- put slices radishes into sterilized jars.
- Bring water in a saucepan to boil, then add sugar & salt and both types of vinegar. Stir to combine and carefully ladle the liquid into each jar; leaving 1/2 inch space from the lid. Let cool and cap with lids. You can keep refrigerated for up to a week. Double the recipe as needed.
- I would recommend slicing them between 1/8”-1/4” thick, and not thicker than that.
“All Rights Reserved”
All images are copyright protected. Please do NOT use ANY OF MY IMAGES without prior permission.