It seems so weird to post a popsicle recipe in October, right? I admit it seems weird to me, too, but I hope you don’t shy away from it until you try it. Since you already know shrub as something to mix with vodka and/or soda to create a refreshing beverage, I thought it might be fun to serve shrub as popsicles— another way to enjoy this mixture of fresh fruit & vinegar.
A heatwave is coming our way from time to time, and once that happens, I hope you think of this recipe.
Until next time, have a fantastic day. 🙂
- 24 ounces watermelon, cubed
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 fresh paper lantern pepper (OR cayenne pepper), sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- sterilized jar (s)
- To sterilize jar & lid, preheat the oven to 250F, then put both lid & jar in the oven for 20 minutes. Let cool before using.
- Combine watermelon, sugar and pepper in the bowl; mix, cover and store in the fridge for 1 day.
- Fish out 1 pepper, and leave another to be blended. Blend & strain, add both vinegar. Pour into the popsicle molds and freeze until ready. (Make 8-10)
“All Rights Reserved”
All images are copyright protected. Please do NOT use ANY OF MY IMAGES without prior permission.