A fews blogger friends/IG friends/FB friends asked about my camera and lens info, so I decided to write this page for all to see. 🙂
Here is my progress:
From the very beginning until March, 2014, I used iPhone 4S and edited in Photoshop CS4. These are some of my works at that time.
From March, 2014 (Carnivore Salad) until April, 2014 (Edamame & Ricotta Salad with duck egg), I used Nikon D40 with the standard len and edited in Photoshop CS4. These are my works during that time.
From April, 2014 (Artichoke Salad Dressing) until now, I have been using Canon 5D Mark III with 50 mm 1.2 L. I edited all photos in Photoshop CS6. These are some of my early works using this camera. You can also see my growing portfolio here. Since then, I have also added Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens & Canon EF 14mm f/2.8L II USM Lens to my camera bag as well.
I ALWAYS use natural light even if I have to take my food to some of the weird places, such as my father-in-law wood workshop etc.
In order to improve my food photography skill & my food styling skill, these are what I am currently learning from. I will keep adding more info as I learn more.
- “12 Things That Have Helped my Food Photography” by Alanna Taylor-Tobin. Alanna is the creator of the Bojon Gourmet
- “Photography 101” by Ashley McLaughlin. Ashley McLaughlin is the creator of edible perspective
- “Picture Perfect: How to Set a Custom White Balance” by Ashley Rodriguez. Ashley Rodriguez is the creator of Not Without Salt
- “5 Tips to Seriously Improve Your Food Photography Techniques” by Skyler Burt. Skyler & Heather Burt are the creators of we eat together… check out this youtube video; it’s a MUST WATCH!!!!
- How to create a cool matte finish look in Lightroom from Eat The Love
- How to make your photos look awesome with High Pass Sharpening from i bake he shoots
- Story on a Plate: Food Photography & Styling with Todd Porter and Diane Cu.. Todd & Diane are the creator of White on Rice couple (Even though these lessons are not free, in my opinion, they are worth every penny. If you are unsure, you can watch the free preview and then decide for yourself.)
- How to impress your friends with splash photography from i bake he shoots
I hope this information helps you as much as it helps me. I have always wanted to gather them in one place, and no place is more appropriate than here because sharing is good. Helping each other is great. Making a good new friend is even better. 🙂